Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Take the Leap!

               "If we wait until we're READY, 
           we'll be waiting for 
         the Rest of Our LIVES!"
     -Lemony Snicket-

     This post kind of goes a long with the last one. I suppose it's something that has been hitting me pretty hard lately. There are so many things I want to do in my life like travel the world, go to grad school, get married, have a family, but I make excuses to keep me from doing those things. I don't have the money, I'm not smart enough to compete with others in school, I'm not ready to open up to someone and take the chance of getting hurt again, not yet anyway. I convince myself that I'm not ready for the next step. I need more time to prepare, to make more money, to heal. The next step in life will always be scary. We will never be "ready" for it. At some point in time you just have to take that first leap. Don't wait until you're ready, or you will grow old and will have done nothing you dreamed of doing. 

1 comment: